Easter is coming and most people enjoy the thought of little children happily running around, searching for overflowing baskets or brightly colored eggs. All too often those baskets are filled with chocolate, jelly beans, Peeps, caramel eggs and other gooey concoctions that can stick to a child’s teeth and cause cavities. As a parent you want your children to enjoy the holiday, but also need to make sure their teeth stay strong and healthy.
If your child is off from school for the Easter break, this might be a very good time to schedule a dental check-up. If you need to find a pediatric dentist, or pedodontist, ChooseYourDentist.com can help. A pedodontist specializes in meeting the special needs of working with the teeth of young patients, and has specific skills and knowledge about working with the mouths of developing children. A pedodontist can also help you develop a plan to educate your children to take great care of their gums and teeth. To find a pediatric dentist in California:
- Use the information at ChooseYourDentist.com to help narrow down your choices.
- Ask about the special techniques the practice uses to care for children.
- Find out if the practice is using the latest equipment to minimize pain and maximize results.
- Check out their dental qualifications. The basic dental degree is a Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD).
- The dental professional should also have completed an additional two- to three-year program which specifically focused on the area of pediatric dentistry. Ask about any continuing education classes on childhood dental procedures.
- Ask about privacy standards.
- Ask for patient referrals.
- Find out if they have any additional patient education information for children such as a newsletter or website page.
ChooseYourDentist.com has a database which contains names of pediatric dentists in California, along with information about each practice. Use our site to find a pediatric dentist who can get your child on the path to a lifetime of great oral health.
ChooseYourDentist.com Can Help Find a California Pediatric Dentist
To choose a pediatric dentist in California, use the information at ChooseYourDentist.com to help narrow down your choices. Review the individual microsites from each practice to learn about any special techniques the practice uses to treat childhood dental problems, and then use our service to set an appointment or request a telephone call for more information.
What else can we do to make it easier for you to find a pediatric dentist in California? Further information on ChooseYourDentist.com may be found at www.ChooseYourDentist.com, by email at info@ChooseYourDentist.com, following ChooseYourDentist on Twitter, or by calling 1-888-I-CHOOSE.